Michael Silver, Athletic Director
Open Gym Hours During Summer 2022 for Girls Basketball
During Summer 2022 there will be Open Gym hours at the Maple Hill Gym for any girls basketball players entering grades 7-12 in the 2022-2023 school year. Open Gym hours for Girls Basketball will be from 6:00 PM-7:30 PM on the following dates:
June 16th, June 23rd, June 30th, July 7th, July 12th, July 14th, July 19th, July 21st, July 26th and 28th
Fall 2022 Sports Season
Start dates for the Maple Hill Fall 2022 Athletic Season are below. Registration information will be available over the summer.
Fall 2022 JV and Varsity Sports: Monday, August 22
Fall 2022 Modified Sports: Monday, August 29
Meet the Coaches/Chemical Health Night will be during the week of August 15, 2022. The exact date and time will be available over the summer.
Spring 2022 Sports Season
Enjoy a selection of pictures from the Maple Hill Spring 2022 Athletic Season!
Student-Athlete Drop Off & Pick Up
This is a quick reminder that student-athletes should not be dropped off or picked up in the parking area off of South Schodack Road behind the high school. Please drop off/pick up all student-athletes for practices and games/meets at the front of the high school. Also, please remember with the exception of handicapped parking, there is no spectator parking in this same area for softball games, baseball games or track meets.
Traffic in this area behind the school can lead to congestion and also poses a safety issue to our student-athletes walking through it.
Sports Schedule Website
Schodack CSD, along with schools in the Patroon Conference, uses ScheduleGalaxy website/app for sports schedules. The site also offers a subscription option to receive updates about schedules changes. Click here to access the website.
Athletic Twitter Accounts
- Maple Hill Athletics – @MH_Athletics
- Boys Baseball – @MapHillBaseball
- Boys Basketball – @MHBoysHoop
- Girls Basketball – @HillBasketball
- Bowling – @bowling_mh
- Boys & Girls Cross Country – @MapleHill_XC
- Golf – @MHHSGolf
- Indoor Track – @basile_andy
- Boys Soccer – @MH_Soccer4
- Girls Soccer – @MH_WSoccer
- Girls Modified Soccer – @MH_Mod_GSoccer
- Girls Varsity Softball – @MHHSoftball
- Girls JV Softball – @MHJVSoftball
- Boys Tennis – @boys_maple
- Volleyball – @HillVolleyball
Student-Athletes and Afterschool Activities
Due to limited supervision for students after 3:00 p.m., Maple Hill Jr./Sr. High School would like to share the following information with parents of student-athletes.
- Student-athletes with a 3:00 p.m. or earlier practice time can stay in the cafeteria with supervision or stay with a teacher from the end of the school day until practice begins.
- If a student-athlete is not staying after school with a teacher, he or she should go home on the regular bus and come back to school for games or practices that begin after 3:00 p.m.
- If a student is staying after school with a teacher, the student should take the late bus and come back to school for games or practices that begin after 3:00 p.m.
- If a student-athlete cannot make it back to school, please notify the coach and Atheltic Director Mike Silver (email@example.com) so supervision arrangements can be made.
Please Observe “No Parking” Signs for Sporting Events
The district would like to remind our community to please observe “No Parking” signs for sporting events, particularly on South Schodack Road and behind the High School. Please park only in the High School or District Office building parking lots. Due to safety concerns, the district has asked Schodack police to enforce these rules and violators may be ticketed.
Heat Index Procedures
To help parents and students understand the district’s procedures for athletics when the heat becomes a concern, here is information.