Whenever a student or parent has a concern or question about bullying, please let us know immediately so we can help. Schodack CSD is committed to providing a safe, welcoming and caring environment for all students where they can learn and grow.
What Is Bullying?
The Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) defines bullying or harassment as the creation of a hostile environment by conduct or by threats, intimidation or abuse, including cyberbullying, that (a) has or would have the effect of unreasonably and substantially interfering with a student’s educational performance, opportunities or benefits, or mental, emotional or physical well-being; (b) reasonably causes or would reasonably be expected to cause a student to fear for his or her physical safety; (c) reasonably causes or would reasonably be expected to cause physical injury or emotional harm to a student; or (d) occurs off school property and creates or would foreseeably create a risk of substantial disruption within the school environment, where it is foreseeable that the conduct, threats, intimidation or abuse might reach school property.
The harassing behavior may be based on any characteristic, including but not limited to a person’s actual or perceived race, color, weight, national origin, ethnic group, religion, religious practice, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or gender (including gender identity and expression).
If a student feels like they are being bullied or harassed, or a parent feels their student is being bullied or harassed, please contact one of our DASA Coordinators immediately so we can help.
- James Derby, Castleton Elementary School Principal
- Jacqueline Hill, Maple Hill Jr./Sr. High School Principal
- Michael Bennett, Maple Hill Jr./Sr. High School Assistant Principal
- Jason Chevrier, Superintendent
- Michael Bennett, Assistant Superintendent for School Administration
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention District Policy and Reporting Form
- StopBullying.gov (Info on how to identify and prevent bullying)
- Dignity for All Students Act