If you plan on having your child start kindergarten at Castleton Elementary School in September 2024, please register them with our district as soon as possible.
Registered families receive important information from Castleton Elementary throughout 2024 leading up to students starting kindergarten in September 2024. Families will not receive this information unless their child is registered for kindergarten.
Families also won’t be able to attend the following events in the coming months unless their child is registered.
- Wednesday, April 10: Incoming Kindergarten Family Activity Night
- Great way for registered students to be introduced to the school, faculty/staff and other kindergarten families
- Friday, May 10: Kindergarten & 1st Grade Read-In
- Incoming registered kindergartners are more than welcome at this fun event
- May 21-23: Kindergarten Orientation/Screening by Appointment
Registering for Kindergarten
Kindergarten registration packets are available on the Student Registration page here.
If you would like to pick up a hard copy of the registration packet you can also stop by the District Office (1477 South Schodack Road) and speak to District Registrar, Jill Hanrahan, or stop by the Castleton Elementary Main Office (80 Scott Avenue).
Children living in the Schodack Central School District who will be 5 years old on or before December 1, 2024, are eligible to enroll in kindergarten.
Questions About Kindergarten Registration?
Speak with District Registrar, Jill Hanrahan, by phone (518-732-2523) or email (email@example.com).