Maple Hill Junior/Senior High School
- Maple Hill School renovations are expected to be completed for Sept. 2018.
- Construction will continue throughout the 2017-18 school year. Safety is the top priority; construction areas are not accessible to students or staff.
- Maple Hill School will educate grade 7-12 students starting in Sept. 2018.
Castleton Elementary School
- Castleton Elementary School renovations are largely completed. Finishing work will continue during 2017.
- A new parent lobby offers a more secure entrance where visitors are checked in before they are allowed in the school.
- Other renovations involve areas of the original school building. These include a new art room, larger nurse’s office, and an innovative learning lab.
- Castleton Elementary School will educate grades K-6 starting in Sept. 2018.
Former Maple Hill Middle School
- The Capital Project focuses largely on Maple Hill School and Castleton Elementary School because the district wants to focus funding where students will be learning in 2018-19. As a result, there are no renovations currently scheduled for the former Middle School building.
- The district will continue to use the building even though there will be no Schodack CSD students in the school.
- District offices will continue to be located in the building.
- StoryPlace Preschool and Questar III BOCES are expected to continue to lease classroom space, bringing in revenue to the district.
- The district hopes to expand its Business Incubator program to create opportunities for students at no cost to taxpayers.