Updated: June 20, 2023

Class of 2023 Senior Spotlight submissions are closed as of Monday, June 19.

We are showcasing the members of the Maple Hill High School Class of 2023 with Senior Spotlights. We will update this page through the remainder of the school year with more Senior Spotlights.

Taylor Aubin

Fondest Memory of Maple Hill High School
Riding on the track and field bus back home from sectionals and singing with all my teammates.

Plans for Next Year
I am going to Emmanuel College in Boston, Massachusetts.

Josh Da Costa

Fun Fact(s) About You
I love playing sports and being active. Basketball is a huge passion of mine! I love the company of my friends and family as well!

Schodack CSD Teacher/Staff Thank Yous and Shout Outs
I want to give a huge thanks to Mr. Chevrier for all the guidance and talks throughout elementary school! As far as high school, I appreciate Zach Freese for always being there to talk and just make everyone’s day better, I appreciate Mrs. Cav for always being happy and putting a smile on everyone’s face throughout our day, I appreciate all the fun times with Mr. Murray in the tech room, I also want to thank Coach Gillespie, Coach Wheterby, Coach Flach, Coach Hanrahan, and Coach Randall for all their help athletically!

I have a couple of memories of the Philadelphia trip, going to states twice in soccer, winning sectionals for basketball, and just being with my friends throughout high school.

Plans for Next Year
I will attend Columbia-Greene in the fall to study business and continue my basketball career.

Hamilton Davids

Fun Fact(s) About You
I love to restore old cars. Soccer is a passion of mine.

Mr. Murray was a resourceful and passionate teacher, he made learning fun. Mrs. Cavagnaro and Mrs. Weidman were always looking out for the kids and were easy to go to for help. Zac Frese is a great teacher who could relate to us.

My fondest memory is playing soccer. Going to the States was amazing. Mr. Gillespie and Mr. Wetherby are amazing coaches.

Plans for Next Year
I will be attending Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC) for business and welding.

Julian DelFavero

Fun Fact(s) About You
Despite having no ties to the city of Minneapolis and the state of Minnesota I’m a huge Timberwolves fan. I also enjoy watching esports, but only the European leagues.

I’m definitely forgetting many people over the years, but I would like to thank Mr. Farrell, Austin, and Frese for inspiring my love for history & government. Also, Mrs. Harris, Mr. Bacon & Mr. Smith for having great talks about animals, and other strange mildly scientific topics.

Seeing Mr. Frese dance to NSYNC in APush, cooking and eating meals with “The Spanish 4,” and going on the eighth grade Philadelphia trip.

Plans for Next Year
I plan on studying Political Science at the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts.

Natalie Deso

Fun Fact(s) About You
I love tacos and hanging out with my friends and baby sister!

I would like to give a big thanks to Mrs. Delaney for always being there for me when I need to talk. She has helped me a lot in high school! I would also like to thank Mrs. Colwell for always being so real and one of the nicest teachers.

My favorite memory would have to be going to all the boys’ varsity soccer games.

Plans for Next Year
I will be attending SUNY Oneonta, majoring in Business Administration and running track!

Emma Dugan

Fun Fact(s) About You
I have a love for softball and played for 15 years and I enjoy writing.

A huge thanks to Señora Racz for always being someone I could talk to throughout my years at Maple Hill, I would not have made it this far without you. Thanks to Mr. Austin, who kept my interest in history going and was an amazing coach and to Mr. Frese who always knew how to make me laugh in the most difficult times.

The senior trip down to NYC this year was amazing. Equally enjoyable were my 6 years of softball at Maple Hill.

Plans for Next Year
Attending Johnson and Wales University and majoring in Biology.

Martin Finney

Fun Fact(s) About You
I enjoy hiking, coffee, kayaking, traveling and cooking. I enjoy spending time with my family and walking my dog, Ollie. Summer is my favorite time of the year when I like to say “I am living my best retired life!”

Mrs. Loszynski has always been a bright spot, lighting up my days by making me laugh. continually raising the bar and providing support to help me fulfill my potential.

Art Class with Mrs. Kerner was always a lot of fun!

Plans for Next Year
I will be attending Hudson Valley Community College on my path to becoming a special education teacher while working as a teaching assistant.

Colby Frazier

Fun Fact(s) About You
I have had epilepsy since I was 11 and I play 3 sports (basketball, baseball and soccer).

Mr. Rico Frese. He has been a mentor and role model to me throughout my whole life. He always challenged me as a player and as a person and has helped shape me into the person I am today.

Scoring a goal in the sectional finals for soccer two years in a row and going to the state finals for soccer two years in a row.

Plans for Next Year
Attending SUNY Adirondack to study physical education and play baseball.

Rachael Frazier

Fun Fact(s) About You
My favorite thing to do in my free time is sew with my grandma. I learned to sew and make quilts at 5 years old and have been doing it ever since.

I would like to thank Mrs. Balogh for always believing in me and getting through some tough math classes. I would also like to thank Mr. Frese for making class enjoyable and hooking me up with lunches.

My fondest memories at Maple Hill is playing sports. I always enjoyed being part of 3 successful teams throughout my high school career.

Plans for Next Year
I plan to attend SUNY Adirondack where I will be majoring in Childhood Education. I will also be playing soccer.

Mackenzie Garcia

Fun Fact(s) About You
Mackenzie has worked at an animal hospital for two years and enjoys writing in her free time.

Mackenzie wants to give a shout out to Ms. Kerner and Ms. Stilson for always being encouraging and supportive.

Mackenzie loved all of her art classes with her peers.

Plans for Next Year
Mackenzie will be attending Hudson Valley Community College for psychology and working toward a focus on marine biology.

Elena Haberland

Fun Fact(s) About You
I am an extremely creative person who loves expressing myself through forms of all arts from painting/drawing, beauty, crafting, nails, literature and so much more! I have a passion for writing as I am a huge book reader. I am looking forward to making a life full of art, expression and awareness as an advocate for people who share my struggles.

I would like to thank and appreciate all the teachers that stood by my side as I went through major personal challenges throughout high school. Thank you to Mrs. Stillson for checking on me on the days I needed it most, Mr. Segarra for supporting my family and me throughout my high school career and Mr. Mastracy for always being a relatable and intelligible teacher I know I could always ask advice from.

My fondest Maple Hill memory has to be all of the friendships big or small I formed through the close-knit community. I appreciate the support through personal triumphs and some of my favorite memories have to do with art classes, theatre and discovering some of my favorite pieces of literature like The Great Gatsby.

Plans for Next Year
Completing 9-10 months of training to be a licensed Cosmetologist and Ultimate Makeup Artist at The Paul Mitchell Beauty School Schenectady.

Deyanna Haughton

Fun Fact(s) About You
I am an early graduate. I love kayaking, gaming and anything music related.

I would like to thank Ms. Fitzs and Mrs. Gibney. Both of them care about their students on a deeper level than just us being their students. Mrs. Gibney has always been there for me and she got to watch me grow. She has made me feel so loved and so welcomed every time I step into her class. Ms. Fitzs always greets everyone individually and asks how we are doing. Both of these teachers give students what they need to grow as people and strive for the best.

Plans for Next Year
I am going to college to pursue my bachelor’s degree in accounting.

Luke Hoffman

Fun Fact(s) About You
I have a passion to help others and a passion for history. I tied a school record for soccer this year. I enjoy working on a golf course and playing golf.

During my time at Maple Hill, I’ve always had amazing teachers and I thank every single one. I would like to give a personal shout out to: Mrs. Mahota and Mrs. Delaney for their constant work as our class advisors; our administration and guidance counselors for their encouragement for our future; Mrs. Seymour for her constant support in NHS; Mr. Flach for his support during every single sports season and in the classroom. Lastly, I would like to mention Perry for his kindness to all and the smiles he puts on everyone’s faces.

My fondest memories at Maple Hill are winning sectional championships for soccer, basketball, and tennis. I also enjoyed my time volunteering with Key Club and the National Honor Society. I’ve also enjoyed working with all of my teachers.

Plans for Next Year
I will be attending Syracuse University and majoring in Secondary Education and Public Policy.

Declan Johnson

Fun Fact(s) About You
I have that DAWG in me.

Mr. Lauterbach – Thank you for making class during covid enjoyable. Mrs. Kerner – Thank you for dealing with everybody’s antics throughout the past 2 years and inspiring me through art.

The Philly Trip and All Night Party.

Plans for Next Year
Attend SUNY Adirondack and play baseball there.

Ethan Maier

Fun Fact(s) About You
Ethan recently achieved the highest Boy Scout rank of Eagle. He has been involved in Key Club, Drama Club, National Honor Society and Maple Hill Wrestling. Outside of school, he enjoys riding dirt bikes, snowmobiles and hanging with his friends. Ethan can be found volunteering at most Kiwanis events.

Ethan would like to thank Senora Racz for her support in his academic studies and his trail to Eagle. He would also like to thank Mr. Yox & Mr. Purificato for the experience and opportunity in the IT Department.

Building a fort out of wrestling mats in the MUF and the overnight tournament at Whitehall.

Plans for Next Year
Ethan will be attending University at Albany in the fall, studying Emergency Preparedness, Homeland Security and Cybersecurity.

Sam Manning

Fun Fact(s) About You
It’s my life goal to purchase and own my own house on Lake George in the Adirondacks.

I would like to thank Mrs. Loszynski for always being there for me, listening to my stories, truly caring about me, and for always making me laugh.

My fondest memory of Maple Hill has been being a member of the softball team. I have loved playing for Coach Austin and being part of such a positive, fun, and engaging team. I have also loved being in charge of the team speaker in our dugout and to and from games.

Plans for Next Year
I will be attending SUNY Adirondack where I plan to study Physical Education. I have also committed to continuing my volleyball career there in the fall.

Tyler Marino

Fun Fact(s) About You
I learned to crochet during the pandemic and have since designed several patterns.

I would like to shout out Mr. Frese. Thank you for the markers.

Plans for Next Year
I plan on attending Union College to study English.

Alyssa Martin

Fun Fact(s) About You
I haven’t played softball since 5th grade but came back for my senior year.

Mr. Frese, Mr. Austin and Mrs. Krug.

The 8th-grade trip to Philly.

Plans for Next Year
Studying at SUNY Cobleskill and majoring in Early Childhood Education while playing basketball.

Lyndon Rosenberger

Fun Fact(s) About You
Co-Directed the 2023 Student-Run Cabaret and became TA certified at eighteen.

Mr. Segarra, Mr. Rico Frese, and Ms. Kerner; for supporting me.

Making friends.

Plans for Next Year
Double Majoring in Adolescent English Education and Art & Design.

Emma Perez Schrader

Fun Fact(s) About You
I enjoy skiing/snowboarding and traveling.

I would like to thank Mr. Frese for motivating me to do my best and making sure I’m on the right track.

My fondest memories will always be the pep rallies and the talent shows.

Plans for Next Year
I am attending Toulouse Business School in Barcelona next year to study business management.

Bella Seeberger

Fun Fact(s) About You
I have played basketball for 15 years, and have recently started coaching in the last few years.

I would like to thank Mr. Frese for the entertaining last two years, also I would like to thank Mr. Porter for being a great teacher.

My fondest memories have been the Philly trip in eighth grade, the pep rally this year, and playing basketball.

Plans for Next Year
I will be studying Forensics and Criminal Psychology at Russell Sage College, and playing basketball.

Dominick Siciliano

Fun Fact(s) About You
I was Captain of the Bowling Team for the past two years and co-directed this year’s Musical Cabaret.

Ms. Balogh. She helped me get into New Visions and has been an amazing math teacher for all of the years I have had her. She is an all-around excellent teacher and someone I consider a mentor.

My fondest memory of my time at Maple Hill was during the Patroon Conference Championships for Bowling this year. The last few years we had gotten very close to winning but this year we managed to take 1st place and the celebration is something I will never forget.

Plans for Next Year
Studying Biochemistry at SUNY University at Buffalo.

Gerald C. Stalker

Fun Fact(s) About You
I like to draw.

Shout out Mr. Frese for keeping it real.

Our 5th Grade Graduation.

Plans for Next Year
Attending Hudson Valley Community College.

Connor Stephens

Fun Fact(s) About You
In the last 6 years, I’ve been in 18 musical theater productions.

I want to thank Mrs. Maier for all her support with the drama club and for waiting for me to get there late every day from Tech Valley!

I loved working on the drama club’s production of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast for my senior year capstone project!

Plans for Next Year
I’m attending The College of Saint Rose to study Music Industry and vocal performance.

Sam Sterantino

Fun Fact(s) About You
I like to hike.

Mr. Porter is funny and a good teacher; Ms. Balogh made me work hard; Mr. Morse helped me a lot at CES; Mr. Bacon made science fun; and Mr. Frese helped us and made sure we always did well.

All the friends I made. How nice the teachers were. My time in athletics.

Plans for Next Year

Ciaran Sweet

Fun Fact(s) About You
I have been an Irish Step dancer for 14 years and competed in many local/regional competitions and won a position to compete at nationals. I am also working on the final parts of my Eagle Scout project.

Mrs. Colwell for her support and assistance through high school and the referral to HVCC Honors College. Mr. Chevrier for being an amazing principal during my time at CES and for all his support since. Mr. Hanrahan and Mrs. Gibney for all the support and encouragement in music.

Participating in the 2022-23 Variety Show.

Plans for Next Year

Frank Thomas

Fun Fact(s) About You
I played lacrosse for one day.

I feel lucky to have had some amazing teachers during my time at Maple Hill. I would especially like to thank Mr. Austin, Mrs. Krug, Mrs. Balogh, Mrs. Streeter, Mr. Hanrahan, Mr. Frese, Ms. Fink and Mr. Morse for all of their guidance and support.

My favorite memories are of the 8th Grade field trip and playing soccer at Maple Hill — especially going to State Finals.

Plans for Next Year
Next year, I will attend Marist College and pursue a degree in Business.

Cassidy Zimmermann

Fun Fact(s) About You
I have played ice hockey for 15 years.

My fondest memory of Maple Hill would be pep rally this year.

Plans for Next Year
I plan on attending Siena College and majoring in Biology.