Dear Maple Hill Families,

As we end my first week as Acting Principal of Maple Hill, I’m writing to quickly reintroduce myself. As Mr. Chevrier said in his message earlier this week, I have been working in Schodack for a little over a year as the Director of Teaching and Learning. This work is focused on curriculum and instructional planning with faculty and staff, rooted in our students’ needs and experiences.

I’m moving into this position having first been an English teacher at the secondary level, and then also an Instructional Coach, a building-level administrator and a district-level administrator. After being the Acting Principal of Maple Hill for only a week so far, I can say it is already proving to be a fantastic experience.

All of you in the Maple Hill community have been extremely welcoming and generous with your time. I had the opportunity to meet some of you within the last year and this week I had the pleasure to meet many more of you.

I will continue connecting with your students in their classes, in the cafeteria, in the hallways, or whenever they need to speak. Please do not hesitate to reach out and let me know how I can support them through the rest of this school year. My email is asabbatino@schodack.k12.ny.us.

Thank you again for the very warm welcome this week.

Sincerely,

Alyssa Sabbatino
Acting Principal, Maple Hill Jr./Sr. High School
Director of Teaching & Learning
Schodack Central School District