Originally Posted: September 15, 2022
Maple Hill Jr./Sr. High School will host a College Financial Aid Night on Wednesday, September 28 at 6:30 PM in the Maple Hill Auditorium. Please note this event was rescheduled from the original date of October 5, 2022. It is still listed on the 2022-2023 Monthly Calendar under its original date. Please inform others of the change if they do not know.
All Maple Hill families are invited to attend the event, though it may be particularly valuable for parents/guardians of current 11th and 12th-grade students.
The seminar will focus on the College Financial Aid Process and help better inform families about the process and how to make it as cost-effective as possible for students. The speaker will be Jason Laurenzo, Vice-President of College Aid Planning Associates and Northeast Wealth Management. He has been presenting seminars on the topic of College Financial Aid nationally since 2002.
Topics to be covered will include:
- A conceptual understanding of the financial aid process; facts vs. myths.
- The financial aid application process. (FAFSA, CSS Profile, TAP, and beyond)
- Current and upcoming changes to federal financial aid
- Impact of parental and student assets
- Parent and Student income and the impacts to aid eligibility
- Single / Separated / Divorced parents and proper filing
- The NYS Excelsior Scholarship
- Shopping for financial aid packages
Reach out to your Maple Hill Counselor (contact information here) if you have any questions about College Financial Aid Night.