Originally Posted: April 28, 2022

The 2022 Board Election will take place on Tuesday, May 17, from 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM. Also on the ballot for voter consideration is the proposed budget for the 2022-2023 school year and proposed capital improvement work.

There are five seats opening this year on the Schodack Board of Education. Three of these seats are due to term expirations and are each for a 3-year term (July 1, 2022-June 30, 2025). The fourth and fifth seats are to fill vacant spots on the board and are each for an approximately 1-year term (May, 18, 2022-June 30, 2023). The vacant seats will be filled by the candidates with the fourth and fifth highest number of votes.

There are a total of five candidates running for these seats. Scroll down to learn more about the 2022 board candidates in their own words (candidate responses have not been edited). The names of candidates running for the board are listed below in the order they will appear on the ballot.

• Angela Beber
  • Daniel Grandinetti
  • Shelley Palmer
  • Sherri Gibson
  • Ashley Palmer
Meet the Board Candidates Event

Schodack community members are invited to a Meet the Candidates event on Thursday, May 5, during the board of education workshop meeting starting at 6:00 PM in the District Office Board Room (Room 310).

2022 Board of Education Candidates

Angela Beber

Angela BeberMy husband Jay and our sons, Christian (class of 2019) and Joe (class of 2020) have lived in Schodack for 20 years. As a family we are committed to improving the community we live in. Jay and Joe both take pride in their work for the district. This year I left my 15 year career at Schodack CSD to work for Questar III, which has allowed me to further my involvement in public education. We have always been active participants in the schools, local athletics and civic organizations, most recently with Kiwanis. I am a strong advocate for public education and providing equal access for all. We are faced with a new set of challenges as a community to provide our children with so much more than pencils and books. We have to work to balance the needs of the students while also supporting the faculty and staff. I look forward to being given the opportunity to work with the community and district to create and support programs for all.

Daniel Grandinetti

Daniel GrandinettiIt has been my privilege to represent our community on the Board of Education for the past nine years. My wife (Karen) and I are raising three kids in the community and district (Megan 24, Michael 21 and Maya 11). I have spent (33 years) my entire professional career in the field of “Youth Development”. I remain committed/passionate in this field and strive to make a difference in the lives of our children. The “Community” is the School District and our School District is the “Community”. It is an honor to serve our District and Community for another three years on the Board of Education.

Shelley Palmer

Shelley Palmer and FamilyFor the past 3 years, it has been my privilege to serve the Schodack community on the Board of Education. My husband (Zac) and I have two children in the Class of 2028 (Andrew and Vivienne). Although the challenges of the past few years were unprecedented, I believe the district remained committed to providing the highest quality education and a safe work environment for our students, faculty, and staff. I look forward to the opportunity to continue working to improve and evolve our district to meet the needs of our students as they prepare for the challenges of the future. I currently work at the NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services. My previous professional experiences include science education and forensic science. I am actively involved in community activities including: church activities, youth sports, and Girl Scouts.

Sherri Gibson

Sherri GibsonIt has been my privilege to represent our community on the Board of Education for the past three years. I grew up in the district graduating from Maple Hill; and then received my Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from Northeastern University. I currently work full time at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals. My husband, Adam, and I are raising our family in Schodack in order to expose our children (Tyler, 7th grade; Lexi, 6th grade; and Brady, 5th grade) to the high-quality education and strong sense of community for which the district is known. I am actively involved in the community as a volunteer for youth athletics, church functions, and girl scouts. As a member of the school board, I strive to improve the overall quality of education that the district provides.

Ashley Palmer

Ashley Palmer and FamilyIn 2012 my husband, James, and I moved to the Schodack School District. We chose Schodack for the small tight knit community it is known for and found it to be true. We have 3 children, James (LSI ’20), Abigail (6th grade), and Brody (1st Grade). I represent the Greenbush Soccer Club as the rec registrar. My role is to organize each session that continuously carries over 600 players each season. Professionally, I have been in the insurance industry for 16 years in asset protection. My strength in decision making and management has helped ensure families and businesses are position to meet their goals. I believe in the foundation of our district to do all we can to help all our students succeed, that is my objective. I would be honored to advocate on behalf of all children in our district.