Dear Schodack Community:
I hope everyone’s summer is off to a great start and that you are finding some well-deserved time to relax with your families. I am quickly checking in to let you know about recent changes to Schodack’s COVID-19 protocols for Summer 2021 students and staff. The New York State Department of Health has informed us that given the current low rates of COVID transmission, school districts can implement some revised policies for summer sessions only if they choose to. Here is what this means for Schodack Summer 2021 students and staff:
- Masks must be worn on buses by both vaccinated and unvaccinated students and staff.
- Daily health screening for students and staff will continue.
- The 6-foot social distancing guidance will be continued whenever possible.
- Masks are not required to be worn outside on school property by either vaccinated or unvaccinated students and staff.
- Masks must be worn by vaccinated and unvaccinated staff and students whenever moving inside of buildings.
- Masks may be removed by vaccinated and unvaccinated staff and students once seated in the classroom in group or cohort settings.
- Vaccinated staff not in direct contact with students may choose not to wear a mask inside.
Again, the above only applies to our 2021 summer students and staff. We are still waiting for NYS reopening guidance for the start of the 2021-2022 school year in September. Thank you for your ongoing patience, we will keep families updated as more school reopening guidance becomes available through the summer.