This spring, the Schodack Central School District will administer the New York State Grades 3-8 Assessment Exams for English Language Arts during the dates listed below, beginning next week.
- Grade 3 – Tuesday, April 20
- Grade 4 – Wednesday, April 21
- Grade 6 – Wednesday, April 21
- Grade 5 – Thursday, April 22
- Grades 7/8 – Tuesday, April 20 or Thursday, April 22 (depending on in-person day)
The dates for the Math exams are as follows:
- Grade 3 – Monday, May 3
- Grade 4 – Tuesday, May 4
- Grade 5 – Wednesday, May 5
- Grade 6 – Wednesday, May 5
- Grades 7/8 – Tuesday, May 4 or Thursday, May 8 (depending on in-person day)
Any fully remote students who have elected to participate in the exams will be contacted by their building principal regarding which day to attend.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the New York State Education Department has reduced the number of questions and shortened each assessment to one session, containing only multiple-choice questions. The results help to gather data about our students to see where they stand on their educational journey.
If you have any questions regarding these exams, please reach out to your building principal.