Juniors and Seniors:
Prom is planned for Friday, May 14th! You have already received the Save the Date. It is important that you pay attention to when ticket sales will start because there will be a short timeline. After we stop sales, no tickets will be allowed to be purchased because the venue needs our final numbers.
Ticket sales: $75 On sale during lunches: Thursday 4/22, Friday 4/23, Monday 4/26 & Tuesday 4/27. Name, address and phone numbers for every person attending must be provided when purchasing tickets for contact tracing as required by the venue. Remote students should come to the school to purchase tickets during the lunch blocks (9:45-11:50). April 27th is the final day
to purchase tickets.
Prom venue and time: 90 State Street Albany 7 -11 pm
Walkthrough: MH Jr./Sr. High School 4-6 pm Outside (specific times will be set by table/group members) Two family members will be allowed to attend walkthrough. A photographer from Lifetouch will be there to take pictures students can order.
Day of Prom information: Students must attend school on the day of prom in order to be able to attend the event (both in person and remote classes). Students will be permitted to leave school no earlier than 10:30, unless you are senior with early dismissal already approved for the year. Students must submit written parental permission to leave early, and this must be provided no later than May 12th to Mrs. Tedford (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Things to know:
- We are required to follow the venue guidelines and guidelines from NYS.
- It is extremely important that all students and families follow the guidelines provided for the walkthrough and the prom in order to be able to provide this experience for our students.
- Testing or proof of vaccination are required with a photo id. Maple Hill will test only our students on May 14th. The testing we will conduct is the FDA authorized antigen test. In order for this to be valid, it must be done within 6 hours of the event.
**When we have names of students attending, a schedule will be created and it will be your responsibility to be at the testing area at the assigned time. We will handle conflicts due to prom related appointments as needed.
- Students who are coming as guests from other schools are required to obtain their own testing and show proof prior to entering the prom or walkthrough within 72 hours of the prom(for a PCR test). Antigen tests must be given within 6 hours of the event. The test results will be collected at the walkthrough. Guests who do not show appropriate proof, will not be allowed to attend prom and tickets will not be refunded.
- Students and parents can choose to get their own PCR test which must be completed within 72 hours of the event.
- Students who are fully vaccinated and can show proof of such, will be able to use this instead of testing. The venue requires you to have your 2nd vaccination at least 14 days prior to the prom. If you are not beyond the 14 day window, you are required to get a test.
- All students attending and their guests must screen prior to entering the event.
- We have calculated the estimated number of students and guests based on previous years. We do encourage you to bring a guest from Maple Hill class of 2021 or 2022 if possible. We reserve the right to revisit guest (out of district and underclassmen) attendance if we exceed the required number of people allowed by the venue. We are hopeful this will not be the case. If we have to do this, we will refund ticket costs if students decide not to attend. We will notify you by April 30th so you can decide accordingly.
- In accordance with the guidelines, students must remain masked except when eating or drinking at their assigned tables.
- We will have a DJ and other festivities planned. Dancing is only allowed by table in designated areas on the dance floor. The venue will dictate how dancing will work throughout the night.
- Please remember that our code of conduct is expected to be followed at all times throughout the duration of the prom. We expect you to be safe, respectful and responsible, and have a great time!