In an effort to recognize outstanding achievements of our students, Maple Hill Jr./Sr. High School presents each quarter a Student of the Quarter Award. Students may be nominated for this award by any staff member, a representative of a community organization, a parent or another student. Students may be nominated for a single outstanding achievement, for service to the school or community or for significant improvement in school. Each Quarter three students in each grade, 7-12 (A day, B day, Remote), are selected for this award by a faculty committee after a review of all nominations. For the first quarter of 2020-21 the students selected to receive this recognition are:
7th – Connor Boland, Elle Carpenter, Sarah Martino
8th – Hayden Landry, Lucio Maruca, Gianna Michel
Freshman – Stephen Macyowskie, Grace Martino, Isabella Thomas
Sophomore – Rachael Frazier, Gianna Morse, Cassidy Zimmerman
Junior – Selenna Mansion, Linda Otazo, Jace Tuttle
Senior – Zach Berry, Emily Rescott, Justin Sober
- Connor, son of Mr. and Mrs. Terence Boland, was nominated for working hard, participating in class discussions, and completing all of his work. He plays basketball, enjoys jumping on his trampoline and play video games. Connor plans to go to college but does not know what he wants to do for a career.
- Elle, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Peter Carpenter, was nominated for getting all of her work done, participating in discussions, always being prepared, and good communication skills. She has participated in modified soccer, lacrosse, plays volleyball, and is a member of ski club. Elle plans to go to college but is not sure what she wants to do, but is interested in culinary classes.
- Sarah, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Martino, was nominated for going above and beyond, always working very hard, and putting 110% into her work. She plays percussion in band, a member of chorus, newspaper club, and plays drums outside of school. Sarah is also a member of Girl Scouts. Sarah plans to go to college but isn’t sure what she would like to do, but is interested in animation and art.
- Hayden, son of Mr. and Mrs. Wade Landry, was nominated for being a hardworking, diligent student. He is kind, respectful and funny. Hayden enjoys playing soccer, football, lacrosse, and basketball and plans to do ski club. Hayden plans to go to college and hopes to play sports, if he can’t play sports he wants to work as a contractor like his dad.
- Lucio, son of Mr. and Mrs. Giovanni Maruca, was nominated for doing very well as a remote student. He meets deadlines, actively participates in discussions and asks for help when needed. Here at Maple Hill he plays soccer, along with playing for the Dutchmen Soccer League and plans to play tennis. Lucio plans on attending college and has some ideas that he plans to explore.
- Gianna, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Michel, was nominated for leading by example and actively participating in class. She has a great outlook in challenging times. She had planned to play volleyball, was a member of cross country last year. Gianna plans to explore hair and makeup through our VOTEC program along with considering working with animals and becoming a teacher.
- Stephen, son of Mr. Steve Macyowskie and Ms. Kristina Macyowskie, was nominated for having a strong work ethic along with showing respect and consideration in the classroom. Here at Maple Hill, he participates in bowling and ski club. Stephen plans on attending a good college but undecided on what he wants to study, maybe astronomy or welding.
- Grace, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Martino, was nominated for being a responsible, conscientious, and an organized student. She is a member of dance along with being a Girl Scout. Grace plans on attending college and wants to be a teacher or social worker because she likes to help people.
- Isabella, daughter of Mr. Ryan Thomas and Ms. Tommasina Thomas, was nominated for being an exemplary student who always demonstrates she cares about her learning by maintaining a conscientious attitude toward her coursework. Here at Maple Hill, she plays Varsity soccer and had planned to play JV basketball, and track and field. She was a member of National Junior Honor Society and plays the flute in band. Isabella plans to attend college with the ultimate goal of being an orthodontist.
- Rachael, daughter of Mr. James Frazier and Ms. Kimberly Frazier, was nominated for being a hardworking student with a positive attitude. She is commended for her respectful and friendly demeanor. Here at Maple Hill, she plays soccer and basketball. Rachael plans to attend college but is unsure at this time what she plans to study.
- Gianna, daughter of Mr. Craig Morse and Ms. Melissa Morse, was nominated for her excellent quality and always looking to improve. Here at Maple Hill, she plays Varsity soccer. Gianna also plays travel soccer, was part of GSA, and is interested in art club. Gianna plans to attend college and is looking at Bryant University in RI. She plans to play soccer and is interested in going into the science and medical field.
- Cassidy, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Keith Zimmerman, was nominated for being a diligent and hardworking student, as well as a kind young lady! Here at Maple Hill, she has played softball and is a member of key club. She also plays hockey, volleyball, and softball in rec leagues. Cassidy plans to attend college and may want to study astronomy and learn more about the solar system.
- Selenna, daughter of Mrs. Jennifer Peck, was nominated for working very hard this year to complete her work. She will often meet with her teachers for extra help when she does not understand something. Selenna enjoys Physics because Mr. Porter makes it fun. Selenna plans to attend college to be a cardiologist surgeon as she wants to help people that have heart problems.
- Linda, daughter of Mr. Anthony Otazo and Ms. Hope Silvanic, was nominated for being a kind student who has been working very hard this quarter. She is doing a great job keeping up on her assignments. Linda always participates in class, and is a vital member of the classroom.
- Jace, son of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Tuttle, was nominated for being a very hardworking student with a positive attitude. Here at Maple Hill, he plays Varsity soccer and Varsity indoor and outdoor track and field along with playing the saxophone. Jace plans to attend college to study either science or engineering.
- Zachary, son of Mr. Robert Berry and Ms. Elizabeth Berry, was nominated for staying on top of his assignments and actively participates in class. Zach helps take care of his sister’s horses and enjoys working on his car. After graduation, Zach will start at HVCC and plans to transfer to RPI to study structural engineering.
- Emily, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Rescott, was nominated for consistently participating in class, asking questions, and volunteering her thoughts and ideas. Here at Maple Hill, she is a member of Varsity bowling and played on the volleyball team. Emily would like to be an X-Ray Technician but is still undecided where she would like to attend.
- Justin, son of Mr. and Mrs. Kevin Sober, was nominated for having a positive attitude and caring about his classmates. His energy creates a comfortable environment in the classroom and helps everyone feel more connected. Here at Maple Hill, he played on Varsity soccer and basketball teams. Currently, Justin is doing an internship with an electrician through our CEIP program. After graduation, he plans to attend HVCC for the Electrical Construction Maintenance program.
The faculty and staff wish to congratulate these students on being selected first quarter students for their respective grades.