Schodack CSD Community,
Last night the District was informed of a Questar III BOCES special education program staff member, who works out of the former Middle School building, tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. This staff member was last in the building on December 4. Out of an abundance of caution, the special education classes will be remote today (Dec. 9) to complete contact tracing.
This case does not have an impact on any of our students or classrooms in the Elementary School or the Jr./Sr. High School.
The Rensselaer County Department of Health is conducting contact tracing. Please remember that we must all work together to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Members of our entire school community can assist our efforts by promoting healthy behaviors and adhering to the following practices:
- Know the symptoms of COVID-19 and how to identify them in yourself and others.
- Stay home from school or work if sick, even if the symptoms are mild.
- Wear a face covering
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or sleeve, throw away the tissue in the trash. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are touched often.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid large group gatherings.
While we understand that you would like additional details, we are not permitted by privacy laws to identify students or staff members involved. We have provided as much information as possible.