To make it easier for families to find the latest information about the school closing due to coronavirus precautions, all updates are listed on this webpage. Last updated June 22, 2020.
Contact Information While Offices Close
Schodack CSD is not staffing school offices during the closure.
If you have a question, please use the department email addresses below. Your email will be distributed to multiple people to help ensure you get a response.
- District Office: Dist-Office@schodack.k12.ny.us
- Facilities: Fac-Office@schodack.k12.ny.us
- Technology: ITDept@schodack.k12.ny.us
- Castleton Elementary School: CESPrincipalsOffice@schodack.k12.ny.us
- Maple Hill Jr./Sr. High School: HSPrincipalsOffice@schodack.k12.ny.us
- Food Services: Food-Service@schodack.k12.ny.us
If you need to call the school, please call only the District Office at 518-732-2297 and leave a voicemail. Someone will return your call.
Home Instruction Resources
- CES Home Instruction Resources webpage
- CES Expectations for Learning for Parent Letter
- Maple Hill Jr./Sr. High School utilizes Google Classroom
- Maple Hill Jr./Sr. High School Expectations for Learning Parent Letter
- Special Education Office has provided resources for students with disabilities
Please email teachers or principals with any questions. Contact information here.
Free Meals Available for Students
Free grab-and-go breakfasts and lunches are available each day for students during the school closure. More info.
Mental Health and Wellness Resources
Our social workers, counselors and school psychologists have created resources for parents to help their mental health and wellness during this stressful time.
Capital District YMCA Providing Childcare for Essential Workers
The YMCA is providing childcare services for essential workers who do not have the option to work from home, as defined by the NYS Education Department. More information here.
Rensselaer County Recovery Helpline
Anyone who needs help with substance use issues is urged to contact the Rensselaer County Recovery Helpline at 1-833-467-3123.
Mental Health Mobile Crisis
The Northern Rivers Family of Services offer support for individuals and families who are experiencing a mental health or behavioral crisis. Call 518-292-5499.
Preventative Measures for Families
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has an excellent website for information about coronavirus and how to protect your family.
Have a Question About an Update That Is Not Listed Here?
Please email Communications Specialist Jason McCord if you have a question not listed on this webpage.