Dear parents, families, friends, and community members,
Do you love your career? The Innovative Learning Lab and 6th Grade Teachers are looking forward to hosting Career Chats at Castleton Elementary School on Fridays from 9:30 – 10:00 a.m.
Our goal is to link students’ career aspirations with their educational goals, and provide opportunities for students to learn about a wide array of careers. We are looking for a variety of people in the following career clusters to discuss their careers with students:
- Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources
- Architecture and Construction
- Arts, Audio/Visual Technology, & Communications
- Business Management and Administration
- Education and Training
- Government & Public Administration
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections, & Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math
- Transportation, Distribution, & Logistics
Studies report that understanding the link between education and career aspirations may be the single largest impact on an individual student’s likelihood of completing college. In fact, high school graduates who expect they will need a college degree for the career they are interested in are more than six times as likely to earn their bachelor’s degrees. Students who understand the relevance of a college education on their career interests are also more likely to be academically prepared for college and career.
Thank you, and looking forward to learning together!
For the love of learning,
Amy Hirschoff, 6th Grade Mathematics
Sarah Lant, Innovative Learning Lab