The Board of Education met Sept. 19 for its monthly meeting. Here is a summary. Additional details and Board presentations available on BoardDocs website.
- The district’s required annual financial audit was discussed. The district once again received a clean audit by Marvin and Company CPA. Report available here.
- Michael Needham of Needham Risk Management, retired Watervliet Police Chief Mark Spain and a former school resource officer presented information about the role of a school resource officer in schools. Presentation available here.
- The district’s plan for reserves and use of fund balance was presented. Plan available here.
- The Board of Education and District Goals for the 2019-20 school year was reviewed and adopted. Goals available here.
- Members of the public were welcomed and spoke on two issues, concerns about 4th grade class sizes and support for a school resource officer.
The next Board of Education meeting will be Thursday, Oct. 17 at 6:00 p.m. in the High School library. The public is always welcome to attend.